Inquest into Deaths at Springhill 9 July 1972
The inquest will investigate the deaths of five civilians on the evening of 9 July 1972 in the Springhill / Westrock area of Belfast when they sustained fatal bullet wounds. The inquest will examine the five deaths that occurred following shooting on this date, namely:
- The death of John Dougal, 16 years old;
- The death of Patrick Butler, 39 years old;
- The death of Father Noel Fitzpatrick, 40 years old;
- The death of David McCafferty, 15 years old;
- The death of Margaret Gargan, 13 years old.